Jesus heals with a touch or a word, yet at first, despite the obvious need for physical healing, he bestows the gift of forgiveness. Blasphemy, to the Pharisees, and so then, to prove a point, he performs the physical healing. In can't tell if I'm projecting my own feelings onto this. Did Jesus hold back initially simply because he knew wanted to make the point that he had the power from God to forgive sins, or did he perform the physical healing out of frustration? Hmmm...
In thinking about your question: "Did Jesus hold back initially" I wonder if the man could not be physically healed until he was spiritually healed? Perhaps the root of sin was what had made him disabled?
ReplyDeleteI think that I always project my own feelings either through or onto Scripture. That's what makes it personal.....
ReplyDeleteI think complete healing involves two healing, a big miracle and a little one. The little one is the physical, the big one spiritual, emotional...
ReplyDelete